Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sewing for the store-front shop: Saffron Twirl Dress in Pink & Orange Elephants

Why have I been so busy lately? 
Well, aside from the fact that we homeschool, have a new baby, are renovating a house, and are in my husbands "busy" season at work (yeah there's ANOTHER reason as if I needed one!) ...






My clothing is heading to a brick and mortar shop that's opening this month locally! 
It came out of a tag from a Facebook post asking for vendors who create handmade goods to contact the shop owner to apply for the vendor positions. 
I chose to apply and the owner agreed that I'd be a good fit. 
What's more is that I'm the only vendor who is offering clothing. 
Many of you know that there just aren't many handmade clothing sellers! And this is certainly true for the local market here in Des Moines. So, I've taken the job and signed my contract- which left me with one big job... inventory. 





One of the items I'll be offering in the shop are these awesome Saffron Twirl dresses. I've used this pattern SO SO SO many times (I have lost count actually), and continue to enjoy it's features. This time around I changed the neckline to a square and chose to do the bow back closure as I've done many times before. I just can't get over the cuteness of the bow across the open back. 




The store's grand opening is this Saturday, though I dropped by all my creations yesterday (whew!). 

In the next few days I'll be sharing a few more of the items I'll be offering because, well that's all I've been sewing lately and who doesn't love a little sewing eye candy? 
I'll still have items in my Etsy store, though I'm allowing this venture to take a front seat for now. 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Mae!!!! That is so exciting and I'm excited for your house!! That turned out so cute, I love the elephants!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady- I'm so so so excited for the house too. I must keep my composure though because there's so much work to be done!

      Delete
  2. Congrats!!! Love this dress and your fabric combo. I LOVE elephants. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The elephants were way too cute to pass up! <3 Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love the saffron twirl! My girl just had her birthday saffron on the other morning and I had forgotten how super cute it is. This elephant version is so sweet and I love the bow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing that makes me sad? They're impossible to wear in Iowa winter- it's just too darn cold for open backs. Otherwise I'd saffron it up all the year round. :)

      Delete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!