Wednesday, October 23, 2013

KCW Day 3: Big Bad Wolf Felt Mask + Tail


Whew. 
This was by far my least productive day of KCW thus far. 
Kids didn't nap at the same time and we caught up on our sit down lesson during the only real free time I could have had. 





It's cool though, I was still able to finish her felt mask thanks to a tutorial by Freshly Completed.

I found that our fabric store (or at least the one I went to) didn't carry two colors of grey fabric. So, to get the contrasting dark grey I took a marker from the bin & just colored dark grey over it. It rubbed off a bit on my fingers but didn't lose the color completely so I'm calling it a success. 






The tail was a no brainer. I simply purchased a boa from the fabric store (like every place carries them) and then folded it in half securing it with black string in different places to make it fuller. Then I used a good ol' safety pin to put it onto the leggings. Many costumes call for you to sew the tail on, but I'm looking forward to having her wear those leggings afterwards& the tails a bit of an everyday overkill. 


Terrible phone photos, but light was fading super quick. 



Welp, I better get heading ... little man is impatiently crawling around me waiting for me to fix him dinner. I'm pretty excited to think up tomorrows KCW project since this costume is finished, woohoo!

Later, gators. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!