Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Red Dress (in pink) by KikoiPatterns

Hello! 





I hope you are all having a lovely weekend, unlike me who has two icky sicky children throwing up and laying on every piece of furniture with their miserable yet cute selves. 





In the midst of all this nastiness, I thought I would post up a dress that I sewed recently for KikoiPatterns. Susan the owner offered for me to try her new Red Dress pattern and since I had enjoyed the Polkadot Dress Pattern so much, I was ecstatic to do so. 








I sewed up a size 4t in a crinkled pink knit that lily chose for herself. It was quite sheer and even though  I enjoy layering, Lily does not. So to fix this I cut a second pattern out of a cream jersey knit, basted each pattern piece together, and continued to put the dress together following the pattern. I found the pattern to be very similar to her Polkadot Dress Pattern. It had nicely photographed steps, easy instructions, and the final product looked clean and beautiful. 














 I'm off to enjoy coffee with some local seamstresses to plan free sewing classes in the Des Moines (Iowa) area. 
If you happen to live near me (a remote chance but hey, you might)
let me know if your interested! 

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty dress and I like the colour, too. Lily is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lili, she is truly a girls girl and has held fast that her favorite colors are pink and purple as long as I can remember. <3

      Mae

      Delete
  2. That turned out lovely! Love the crinkle pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a super soft fabric, I wish it wasn't so sheer so I could have just used it alone, but it was definitely worth the extra step. <3

      Mae

      Delete
  3. LOVE it! love that pink and she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! She'd wear pink like, everyday, if I made her enough pink outfits lol.

      Mae

      Delete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!