Wednesday, August 15, 2012

July Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp



Hello, happy hump day from Iowa. 
As I may have mentioned before, I have a lot of events happening this month (ooh the wedding reception i'm attending in a week will yield the most amazing photos, i'll be sure to post!) ... &all of this has kept my crafting on high gear. 

This afternoon while my biggest little monster napped rolled around in her bed, I created a few cards! After an hour she tip toed out of her room stating she had "thought she heard someone saying her name... oh- no? well.. what are you doing??" &so i agreed to let her quietly craft with me while littlest monster slept. 





First up is a wedding card for my cousin in law(heheh i had to put the technical term cause they get so silly).  They chose yellow&grey (LOVELY!!) for their colors. 
I thought it was a great choice& chose to use the july SSS collection to make them a wedding card. It is mainly yellows/teals/pinks and so so fun. First I fussy cut the stamped cake from this gorgeous lacy looking yellow cardstock... it looks like the icing on the cake, which i love. i adhered it to white cardstock then again to the yellow paper & cut a doily using the same yellow &MFT doilies die ... then adhered the grey/black patterned paper to the card, layered my cake by popping it up& slipped my doily (cut in half&side by side) under the banner saying congrats. 


Here's yet another card made using the same set. You can really see the pinks&teals in these papers. 
I picked a fun printed paper for the background (though i can see myself fussy-cutting those daisies next time!) & adhered it to a 4x4.25 piece of white cardstock. 
Then I layered the gorgeous teal &cream woven cardstock for the inside. Using my circle punches I cut out a few of the circles for another patterned paper& used a ribbon that I'd snagged from some packaging i received. 
i tied all of it in the bow& stamped this lovely sentiment that was provided (there were quite a few quotes) in the kit. 

This particular card was a birthday card for my sister in law. inside i stamped, happy birthday! as well. 
I can't wait to give it to her :)



Lily loves my little ponies 
(she requested i tell you all that)
<3 



1 comment:

  1. My daughter loves my little ponies too. (My husband is actually quite a fan as well hahaha!)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!