Wednesday, June 27, 2012

New Baby Card

Hello all, I hope I'm catching you on a wonderful day! Here at my house we were up kind of early ... my day varies on when children wake up... today it was 630am, but other days I get a little more sleep& get up at 7:15am. I'm very lucky to have children who occasionally sleep in. <3 


Yesterday during my craft time aka naptime, I was messing with this banner that was leftover from a Fathers Day Frame made by my sister. She had been using the piece of scrap paper to test out mists, but it looked really cool. I decided to take it and make a new baby card... which is a type of card I rarely ever make. (not sure why... lack of stamps?) well, I had picked up two mini stamp sets at hobby lobby & thought I should show them some love. This one is a sentiment of congrats& had the little whale on it. Very simple but fun for baby. 




I like this side photo because you can see that I popped the end of his tail up rather than his whole body. It looked super sweet. <3


With Basic Grey Paper(blue), tim holtz stamp (yellow rays), and twine.. I was able to create a multi dimensional card that I LOVE. 


On the inside I used a scrap piece of paper & sewed some wavy lines on it *like an ocean then left the strings & kept them bundled messy with a jewel. 


I hope everyone has a great day& thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, this is sweet! Love your bio on your sidebar, too. :) THanks for dropping by the other day...I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mae! Thanks for coming by today. :) To answer your question about the twinkle, twinkle sentiment: it's a set by Unity, and has the stars plus the adorable sentiment. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!