Friday, March 16, 2012

The GREEN has come out in me!

St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow, which is such a fun holiday. I wish I could be drinking a pint with the gang but it's well worth waiting till the next occasion! Instead, I have been channeling my creativity into a card for my grandmother in law, who's 90th birthday is tomorrow. yep- she's a lucky St. Patty's Day baby. 



I kept this card quite simple & chose to use this fun sticky note for my sentiment since I had also used if for a reminder in her birthday photo album (made in a previous post) to tell guests where to sign. I thought it would be fun to tie the two together. 

For the card I used a bobunny paper over the white cardstock, then used a piece of tan cardstock to frame the post it note. Then some quick stitches to hold it down& make it a bit more fun. I added a few butterfly rub ons in yellow and green& stamped the CELEBRATE sentiment with a simple alphabet pad I had on hand. 



In the corner I wrapped a piece of ribbon, then stamped a quick bundle of clovers for the St. Patrick's Day feel,& added a bit of twine/material to give it a decorative flare. 




1 comment:

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!