Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baby Shower Thank You's

What am I doing the day after the baby shower? Cleaning, organizing, and creating some custom thank you's of course. I like picking up really plain thank you cards for this kind of occasion where I have 20+ cards to send. Then, instead of sending everyone the same card, I spend a bit of time dressing them up. 

Here's the original card (I sprayed perfect pearls on it before photographing, oops)

Original Card: Came in a few different colors.


After spraying them with perfect pearls, I went through my scrap paper stack and started making some fun alternatives to the original; I stuck with only 2 of each:

Simple lines and buttons


Cut out hear and scalloped edging

  
            
                          Then I felt not using the heart would be wasteful so I
                        made a few with a mix between the lines and hearts.


MORE thank you's!







 Found these little shopping bags in my stuff and stamped hearts
coming out.


Here I was playing with the valentine heart stamps I got..
Not sure how I feel about them yet. They seem a bit plain.



Simple Jewels 


Love these: Got the cupcakes for another card set i'll 
be making in February but instead of coloring the cupcakes
I used my Distress Ink by Tim Holtz and rubbed it over white cardstock. 
Then stamped the image over and fussy cut it out. 




A close up. I really enjoyed that the inks moved together and created new colors.
You can see how the blue and yellowish-brown made a green. 
& added some sparkles because I love them so. Stickles = Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!