Saturday, September 24, 2011

Reveal Party Invite


6a00d83495455153ef0133eda32469970b320wi.jpg
My hubby and I are due for an ultrasound on October 19 and will be finding out the gender of our baby. I'd never heard of revealing it at a party before, until I was checking out the random updates on pinterest and came across this. I thought it was completely original but soon realized they're everywhere in many different forms. Cookies, Cakes, Cupcakes, and even Fortune Cookies. Chet also thought they were pretty neat and after discussing the pro's and con's of throwing a large party with friends and family we decided it would be fun. 

Also saw a post where a woman wanted to include her 2 1/2 yr. old daughter. Got me thinking, why don't we have Lily (our 3 yr. old) announce what the baby will be. I think we've figured it out, mock up a card stock of a baby girl and a baby boy that are typical gender photos aka boy in blue, girl in pink and tutu or something. That way we can have the doctor see what the baby is, place the appropriate card into an envelope, and then Lily can announce it and surprise EVERYONE including mom and dad. 

My mom always sings "Twinkle Twinkle" to my belly so I thought this would be a cute theme. This is the first mock up I've done of the baby invite but I'm going to have Chet's mother take a look. She does a lot of graphic design work and I bet she could show me a thing or two. Put the final product on a MOO card and life will be good. 

Surely more party posts will follow. Goodnight <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!